A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Friday, October 23, 2015

To Art Quilting and Beyond - Week 3/Part 5

Now to finish up the Spring Pond!

Played with all the bling and had so much fun with them. Yes, I know it is weird rain but hey....you never know right?

I stitched down the raindrops which are stitched into the connecting fabric. Then added some of the bling.



Also in the collection of stuff to use I found 4 porcupine quills!  Hadn't seen them earlier.  So I put them at the edge of the grasses like reeds or cattails.

And after all that....here is the final piece

Spring Pond


Only one more week and one more season....winter.

Here is the collection of stuff from my little darlings for the last piece. This one is going to be a real challenge...perhaps the most difficult so far. First thing I notice is that it is woefully short on fabric! I might have to troll my stash to add some to this pile for it to work. Ideas are already swirling around in my head. I'll start on Monday!  See you then!

(Thanks Wil for letting me know. One of the downsides of scheduling posts! )


6 comments:

  1. Love the result! Looking forward to seeing the newest pile of goodies(?) I think you were just so excited to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this one is my favorite. I like the colors, I like the textures in the pond with the drops and ripples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your understanding! I so thought I had put it in the post that I just figured I had done it! Anyway, I added it to today's post now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Gall Stones (wish I knew your real name) I had a blast doing this one...even in the car!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Or paint the batting and work directly on that.

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.