A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Update

I cut another sharper version of my image and made some prints. The first 3 over 3 is on plain white.

This is done in Probrite (metallic) rust . Much nicer detail. The next one was on hand dyed silk and is sitting on a piece of hand dyed cotton.
I will call this Deja Vu. I really like this one the best. The last is on a piece of hand snow dyed fabric.
This will be called Clouded Mind

And last of all, here are 2 of the surface design Round Robin pieces before they are mailed out.






6 comments:

  1. Wow! I really like where you went with the round robin pieces. Isn't it great to see what the next person does? What did you use on the second piece?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I followed your stamp cutting process and the prints are WONDERFUL!!! I love how your brother turned out!!! and the round robin "ain't so bad either"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The one with the leaves is Judith DeMilo's piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, that is sooooo exciting!!! It will go so well with the pieces I have been screen printing with leaves and weeds. I feel a whole series coming on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth, you like the last series because it's purple! lol This is a very cool technique. Think I'm going to do my border collie this way.

    Judith, I've been doing a lot of sun printing and have more leaf fabrics done if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The circles were thermofax screens of just circles done with a pen on paper. The first- the finer smaller circle is done in Probrite rust and the larger circle is Profab opaque rust

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.